Who owns my data and where is it stored?
The data held by Living With about you is owned by your clinic (as set out in law). The data is stored securely by Living With on behalf of your clinic. Living With can only delete your data with the consent of you and your clinic.
What does it mean to delete my account?
You may not want to delete your account. Deleting your account will mean that your clinic will not be able to continue tracking your condition or see your historic tracking. Your clinic will lose the information you and they have sent through Living With. This may limit their ability to provide you with healthcare support.
You will not be able to use the app or any app powered by Living With (such as Squeezy Connect) anymore, and any data saved on your phone via the app will be lost.
What are my choices?
Please consider carefully which option suits you best:
- Keep the app and turn off notifications
You can keep the app on your phone and disable notifications in your phone's OS. This is the most flexible option because it lets you start using the app again if your condition calls for it.
- Delete the app from your phone
This is the best option if you never want to use the app again but are happy for your clinic to retain access to your historic healthcare data. If you started using the app again (by reinstalling it) the app would not contain any of your historic healthcare data.
- Request your account be disabled
If you are concerned about the security of your data, we can disable your account. This will allow your clinic to continue to access your historic healthcare data but prevent any more data being added to it.
- Request your account be deleted
This option is not reversible, you and your clinic will lose access to all your historic healthcare data held by Living With. And there will be no record of you ever having been in your clinic within the data held by Living With.
What healthcare data does Living With hold about me?
Living With holds the data you recorded in the Living With app and Squeezy Connect app, and any data in messages the clinic has sent to you through the app. Depending on how you and your clinic are using Living With, the data may include:
- Messages and attachments your clinic may have sent to you through the app messaging system, and any messages and attachments you may have sent to your clinic
- Diaries that have been started or finished
- Goals you may have set
- Questionnaires you may have completed
- Programmes you may have started or finished
- Medication schedules you have set up, and the records of whether you have taken or missed any medication
- Episodes and flares and you may have recorded
- Measurements you may have sent to your clinic
- Key symptoms or additional symptoms you may have recorded
- any other data recorded in the Living With app, or any of our other apps
Any information your clinic has recorded outside of the Living With platform also belongs to your clinic and will not be deleted. This could include information retrieved from the Living With platform. If you also wish to request that the information held by the clinic be deleted, you will need to contact your clinic to request your data be deleted.
Request your account be disabled or deleted
Please note if you want to delete your account, understand that this may limit your clinic's ability to provide you with personalised healthcare.
To begin the process of disabling your account, send an email to email@example.com and provide:
- The email address you received the invitation to - To find this email address, go to the My account section of the app, and tap on My profile.
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your gender (as registered by your clinic)
- The name of your clinic - To find this information, go to the My account section of the app, and tap on My clinic.
- Whether you want to disable your account or delete your account.
This information is required for account disabling and account deletion. If you are unable to provide this information, we will not be able to delete your account.
Disabling or deleting your account is not an immediate process. It will take several business days to carry out this process. We endeavour to carry out this process as quickly as possible but this process can be delayed for any reason. We will confirm via email that the account disabling or deletion has been completed at the end of the process.