This error occurs when the patient's NHS number has already been entered into the system. There are multiple reasons that this issue can occur. The reasons are below:
- This can be due to an invite already being sent from your clinic.
- It can happen due to the patient already being invited by another clinic.
- It can be due to the patient being a former patient of another clinic
A couple of simple troubleshooting steps can allow you to find where the patient is.
N.B. Please double-check the patient's NHS has been entered correctly.
1. On the "Invitations" screen you should check the list to see if they have already been invited further down in the list. If the patient is on the invite list, you can resend the invitation or edit their email address and NHS number if needed. If not, go to step 2.
2. You should next go select "Reporting" in the left-hand row and under that heading select "Discharged Patients". On the "Discharged Patients" page you should check to see if the patient appears on the list.
a. If they do appear, you will need to first readmit them to the clinic. You will need to check to see if they return to the "Invitations" page or the "Patients" page. If they are on the "Invitations" page go to step 3. If they are on the "Patients" page go to step 4.
b. If they are not on the discharge list, then they are in another clinic or there is another issue. Please contact support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If the patient has arrived on the "Invitations" page then you will simply need to resend their invitation.
4. If the patient has arrived on the "Patients" page, then you will need to ask the patient to go through the password reset process which should mean they should regain access to their account.
Password Reset link: Forgotten password - Living With